Your contribution will enable us to provide desperately needed water, food, and essential supplies to the vulnerable within our communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join us in helping our community by
Your gift today is vital to distributing essential food and supplies for high risk areas.
You can have a big impact on the fight against COVID-19.
We're supporting the vulnerable within our communities in response to COVID-19.
The rapid onslaught of COVID-19 has transformed the Navajo reservation of 174,000 residents into a national hot spot. Presently, the Navajo Nation's health care system is at or near capacity as people's fatigue from COVID public health orders and guidelines sets in. With winter here, assistance is needed more than ever and we ask for your support.
With only 13 grocery stores reservation-wide, a vast territory spanning portions of Arizona, New Mexico and Utah - the size of West Virginia, food scarcity and lack of fresh foods point to worsening food insecurity and increased health and medical issues.
Funds raised will go toward feeding and providing vital supplies to Navajo families in need, especially those who are too isolated and unable to reach grocery stores for food and necessities or who are hard hit by the economic shut-down.
With our partners, volunteers, and your support, we’ve provided:
· Sixty 300-gallon water storage containers delivered to elderly veterans
· Thousands of food boxes distributed since May
· 280 turkeys distributed to seniors in coordination with 5 senior centers
· Dozens of boxes of PPE and sanitation supplies delivered to senior centers and chapters
· 50 baskets of PPE, cleaning products, and personal hygiene products distributed to families in coordination with Round Rock School
· 62 backpacks filled with school supplies to students at Round Rock school
· Hundreds of bales of hay for livestock owners during the summer
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS CAN HELP FAMILIES, ELDERS, AND VULNERABLE COMMUNITY MEMBERS IN THESE UPCOMING INITIATIVES:
· Clothing & book Drive for children and families
· PPE & cleaning products to schools
· Food distribution to vulnerable populations
· Pet food and animal feed
· Baby and preschool care bundles
· Firewood, propane, and winter heating assistance
30-40% of Navajo households do not have running water and electricity, so CDC hand-washing protocols are
Let us know if there is anything that we can do for you, either directly by phone or using our contact form.
We will work diligently to get back to you as soon as possible.
Phone: (928) 247-0511
Copyright © 2020 Sihasin bee Nihxidziil - All Rights Reserved.